What are you looking for?
Building to Enhance, Sustain and Evolve our Impact in the Jefferson Parish Community
The Jefferson Parish Library has been building lifelong learning in our community – our commitment to Digital Inclusion is long term. We plan to continue to build and enhance programs that are sustainable and can continually evolve to meet the needs of the community. We will offer multiple options for digital literacy training inside and outside of the library branches.
Our digital literacy brand: ‘JPLDIL’ provides a range of technology training options. Whether you are just getting started with learning technology, or looking to improve your skills, we have something for you. We are currently offering our technology classes and 1-on-1 technology appointments onsite and online via video conferencing.
We offer a variety of learning paths for every type of user:
- Workplace Tools - Practice the skills you need to succeed in the job market
- Basic Digital Skills - Learn the basics of using technology and accessing the internet
- Social Media - Learn to use social media safely and connect with friends and family
- Mobile Devices - Learn to download apps, access the internet, and even read books from your device
Northstar Digital Literacy defines basic skills needed to perform tasks on computers and online. Online, self-guided modules assess the ability of individuals to perform tasks based on these skills. Included are basic computer digital literacy standards and modules in three main areas:
- Essential Computer Skills - Basic Computer Skills, Internet Basics, Using Email, Windows OS, Mac OS
- Essential Software Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Using Technology in Daily Life - Social Media, Information Literacy, Career Search Skills, Accessing Telehealth Appointments, Supporting K-12 Distance Learning, Your Digital Footprint.